Picture yourself at "Wolf's Run Lodge" on the clean and quiet waters of Reeds Lake! A year-round cabin nestled in an oak grove on the banks of a spring-fed lake (one of only two in Southern Minnesota). With 200 feet of lakeshore on a double lot, the cabin has plenty of room to play yard games, throw the football/frisbee around, or sit by the campfire and gaze at the lake. Perfect for family vacati
... more +
Picture yourself at "Wolf's Run Lodge" on the clean and quiet waters of Reeds Lake! A year-round cabin nestled in an oak grove on the banks of a spring-fed lake (one of only two in Southern Minnesota). With 200 feet of lakeshore on a double lot, the cabin has plenty of room to play yard games, throw the football/frisbee around, or sit by the campfire and gaze at the lake. Perfect for family vacations or romantic getaways.
A 30 foot long deck spans the width of the cabin on the edge of a small bank which provides fantastic lake views, and still leaves only 16 steps from cabin to waters edge. With the cabin this close to the water and two sets of floor to ceiling windows facing the lake, you will never feel too far from the water.
A 20ft PONTOON is available for rent at a cost of $150/day or $500/week. The pontoon seats 10 with four bench seats and one captain chair; there is also a table and a shade canopy. The outboard motor is a 30 horsepower Mariner. 5 gallons of gas are included per rental.
Inside the cabin, there is a full kitchen, open dining room/living room, 1.5 bathrooms, wood fireplace, screened-in porch, kid's playroom, and bedroom. With cedar walls, fish kitchen cabinet knobs, and just the right amount of 1970's mismatched decor; you will truly feel like you are at a cabin and you can relax! There is also a whole home air conditioning system.
Sheets are provided, along with hand soap, and dish soap. Towels are not provided.
Additionally, there is also a grill provided.
If you would like to venture out to explore the local area, there are the following attractions:
- Sakatah Singing Hills State Bike Trail: 1 mile north with 39 miles of paved trails stretching from Mankato to Faribault. You could bike, run, or drive right to the trail.
- Sakatah Lake State Park: 5 miles East for hiking, a picnic, or bird/wildlife watching.
- Minneopa State Park: 30 miles West has a double waterfall and a Bison Herd where you can drive by and see Bison in their natural prairie habitat. There are also hiking trails along the Minnesota River Valley.
- Golf at Waseca Lakeside Club: 15 miles Southeast, or two other courses are within 20 miles that welcome public golfers (Faribault Golf & Country Club and Prairie Ridge Golf Club).
- Kerfoot Canopy Tour: 46 miles Northwest for zip lining above the trees along with a 170 ft suspension bridge. This tour is said to have the longest and fastest zip lines in Minnesota.
- Okaman Elk Farm and Petting Zoo: 2 miles west.
- Mount Kato: 30 miles away offers mountain biking trails for $8/day in the summer and fall, and skiing/snowboarding for $25-$39/day in the winter.
- Breweries: Mankato Brewery, Montgomery Brewing Co, and F-Town Brewing Co.
- Wineries: Morristown Vineyard, Indian Island Winery, and Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery all within 30 miles.
- Several restaurants, grocery stores, and other necessities in Waterville, Mankato, Waseca, and Janesville.
- Mall of America/Valleyfair/Water Parks/Museums about an hour away in Minneapolis/St. Paul
Of course, most of your time will be spent relaxing at the cabin with;
- Fishing (great fishing lake for Largemouth Bass and Bluegills, but also Northern Pike and Crappie).
- Kayaking (one kayak is available for use)
- Swimming/Floating (ladder on the dock)
- Beautiful Fall Leaf Colors
- Ice Fishing
- Family time (games, fish frys, and discussions around the table)